A NEW METHOD FOR GRINDING AND POLISHING
This new polishing machine works by means of abrasive flap wheels
and, according to the process and productivity required, is provided with a different number of finishing stations.
The machine is suitable for satin-finishing, mirror-polishing and grinding of round tubes and bars, in a size range from 10 mm to 220 mm O.D.
The equipment is supplied complete with automatic loading and unloading tables and automatic single piece wrapping system.
Station for stainless steel tube mirror-polishing.
Features and advantages of the system:
- dry working
- constant working pressure by automatic brush wearing- compensation and increasing of rotation speed
- automatic brush positioning on different tube sizes
- high costs reduction compared to the traditional polishing system with belts
- increase of mechanical parts’ life
- reduction of maintenance downtime and costs
CONTROLLED AND CONSTANT ROUGHNESS AND GRINDING ON TUBES AND BARS
The equipment can be used to grind, satin finish and polish (carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex, super duplex etc…).
Each equipment is designed to meet the customer’s requirements (tube/bar length, diameter, weight, thickness, speed).
Pressure and peripheral speed of the wheels are kept CONSTANT thanks to a patented method. The equipment is MODULAR and a desired number of working heads can be added to get the final result and working speed.
OVERVIEW OF THE TECHNOLOGY
The surface finishing working with the belt systems has several problems linked to the downtimes due to the abrasive belts: the waste of material, the long downtimes for changing the belts, the low productivity, the non constancy of results and the quality change.
Olimpia experience allows to manufacture a totally new system based on flexible flap wheels controlled by a PLC which ensures the same pressure, and control from the beginning to the end of the process.
Traditional abrasive belt system
OLIMPIA PROPOSAL BASED ON DIRECT EXPERIENCE
Olimpia proposes a new way, based on the “controlled flap wheels” method and on the “dry system”. It is the result of direct use of the equipment in its own service centers.
Our Group also runs directly the machines as a Service Center in dedicated plants.
- Controlled: PLC SYSTEMS not controlled by hand or by the “eye” of the operator
- Each head: 600mm working area
- Dry system: no problems of contamination, only “dust” is produced, easily handled by an exhaust system
- Automatic brush positioning on each tube
- Increase of mechanical life
- Reduced maintenance
OLD “BELT” SYSTEM